At A+FCU, we care about financial wellness. That’s why we’ve partnered with industry-leading BALANCE to provide you with free access to expertly-crafted financial education and resources to help with your fiscal matters. And should you need, BALANCE can assist with confidential, no-cost financial counseling services to help you develop a sensible budget managing spending and debt.
For all your financial life stage changes and more, we–in partnership with BALANCE–are here to help.
© 2021 BALANCE. All rights reserved.
Take advantage of free and confidential financial counseling services. Call 888.456.2227 to talk with a certified financial counselor today (counseling services are also available in Spanish).
BALANCE hours are Monday – Thursday from 9:30 am – 8 pm, Friday from 9:30 am – 7 pm, and Saturday from 11 am to 4 pm. All hours are listed in Central Time.
Financial Coach Hotline
From budgeting to credit and other personal finance topics, certified financial counselors are standing by to answer your questions. Learn more >
Money Management Counseling
Need help achieving your financial goals? A counselor can set you on a path for debt relief and help you make a spending and savings plan that actually works. Learn more >
Credit Report Review
Let a professional help you make sense of your credit report. You’ll get the guidance and advice you need to build your credit and secure your future. Learn more >
Whether you’re saving for a down payment, applying for a mortgage, or preparing for a closing, you can learn all aspects of the home-buying process. Learn more >
Debt Repayment Options
A counselor can explain your options for getting out of debt, including a Debt Management Plan – a structured repayment option to help you achieve financial freedom. Learn more >
Student Loan Coaching
Work with an expert to know which loan options are best for you, your career prospects, and your budget. Learn more >
Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
Struggling with your mortgage payments? Take advantage of early delinquency intervention counseling to discuss alternatives to foreclosure. Learn more >
Specialized rental counselors will help you develop a personalized spending plan and provide you with advice for saving money, increasing income, and reducing debt. Learn more >
Learn the basics of personal finance with the BalanceTrack educational modules. Register for a free user account or log in to get started.
For every module completed, you’ll now earn 100 PlusPoints that you can use to lower rates on loans and buy up rates on share certificates.*
- High-Cost Financial Services
- The Psychology of Spending
- Drive Away Happy
- Credit Matters
- The World of Credit Reports
- Money Management
- Checking Account Management
Planning for Success
- Smart Tax Planning
- Financial Planning
- Ten Steps to Financial Success
- The Basics of Investing
- Using Home Equity
- The Road to Homeownership
- Rebuilding After a Financial Crisis
- Financial First Aid
- Identity Theft
Youth and Young Adults
- Repaying Student Loans
- Finances for College Students
- Teens and Money
- The Art of Saving Money
- Cash Flow
BALANCE SUMMER CONTEST
BALANCE, our partner in financial education, is helping members strengthen their financial health this summer with the Back on Track Summer Contest! BalanceTrack users may enter to win a $500 grand prize and/or one of three $100 Amazon gift cards by completing BalanceTrack modules.
The Back on Track Summer Contest begins July 1, 2021 and ends September 30, 2021.
How to Enter
- Visit BalanceTrack online at balancepro.org.
- Complete at least one BalanceTrack module with a passing grade; multiple entries across different modules are encouraged.
- Complete the ‘Module of the Month’ to enter to win a $100 Amazon gift card, awarded monthly, and earn three bonus entries toward the $500 grand prize.
Module of the Month
July: Rebuilding After a Financial Crisis
- August: Money Management
- September: Credit Matters
A+FCU QUARTERLY DRAWING
BalanceTrack users may also enter to win one of two $250 quarterly grand prizes by completing BalanceTrack modules. Additionally, up to 300 PlusPoints may be credited monthly for completing different BalanceTrack modules.
The first Quarterly Drawing runs from January 1, 2021 to March 31, 2021. The second Quarterly Drawing runs from April 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021.
- The third Quarterly Drawing runs from July 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021.
- The fourth Quarterly Drawing runs from October 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
How to Enter
- Visit BalanceTrack online at aplusfcu.balancepro.org.
- Complete at least one BalanceTrack module with a passing grade (70 and above); multiple entries across different modules are encouraged.
- Submit up to three entries per month.