A+ Federal Credit Union was founded in 1949 by a group of 50 teachers during a picnic meeting at Zilker Park in Austin.
These foresighted individuals liked the idea of having a not-for-profit, financial cooperative that would be built on a philosophy of people helping people. Owned and operated by our members, the Credit Union provides a safe place to invest money and a fair place to borrow.
Each member has one vote, regardless of share holdings, on the issues related to the organization. Look for information about our Annual Meeting held each February.
A volunteer, non-paid Board of Directors, elected from the membership, governs the Credit Union and appoints a Supervisory Committee to ensure the safety and security of funds through regular audits.
Though the products and services of the Credit Union have changed dramatically through the years, the founding philosophy of people helping people has remained the same.
Today, over 65 years later, we’re one of the largest credit unions in Texas with 20 branches and nearly 130,000 members.