Save and Invest
Paying for higher education can be expensive and challenging for families, start early and invest for the future with A+FCU Savings and Investment accounts.
Enjoy the flexibility of saving for expenses with a Money Market, a high-end savings and checking rolled into one.
- Open with as little as $2,000
- Competitive dividends compounded and paid monthly
- Unlimited in-person withdrawals without penalty or fee
- Up to six (6) transfers and withdrawals from your account to another account per month by any electronic means or check, draft or similar order
- Monthly statements with detailed transactions
Save for books, fees and tuition with an A+FCU Share Certificate that offers compounded dividends paid monthly, with terms from six months to five years.
- Dividends compounded and paid monthly
- Terms from six months to five years
- Minimum opening deposits start as low as $500, with options available up to $100,000.
Texas Uniform Transfers to Minors Account (TUTMA)
A TUTMA gives your an opportunity to provide for your child or grandchild’s future.
- Established for minors under the age of 21
- Managed by a custodian until the minor turns 21
Coverdell Education Savings Account
If you’re wondering how you’ll pay for your child’s education, a Coverdell Education Savings Account (formerly known as an Education IRA) can be a smart way to save.
With a Coverdell Education Savings Account, withdrawals, including earnings, are tax-free if used for tuition, books and other qualified higher-education expenses.
- Withdrawals, including earnings, are tax free if used for tuition, fees, books, computers and other qualified expenses for elementary, secondary and post-secondary education
- Special-needs beneficiaries can withdraw funds tax free to pay for qualified education expenses at any age
- Beneficiary may receive tax-free distributions in the same year he or she claims the Lifetime Learning or HOPE Scholarship tax credits