What is a Mobile Wallet?
A mobile wallet is a way to carry your credit card or debit card information in a digital form on your mobile device. Rather than using your physical plastic cards to make purchases, you simply make your purchases with your smartphone, tablet, or smartwatch.
A+FCU has partnered with Android Pay™, Apple Pay™, and Samsung Pay™ – the latest in mobile payment technology – to offer you these free, secure, and convenient mobile payment options to our Visa® debit card users.
How it works:
Mobile wallets utilize NFC (near-field communication) which allows two compatible devices to be placed near each other and exchange data. When you place your device near a NFC-powered terminal and authorize the sale, the balance of your purchase will be subtracted from your A+FCU debit card account.
Secure and easy to use
Each mobile wallet has its own method to ensure your security, but your purchases are tamper-proof and protected by a unique digital signature that doesn’t expose your full credit card number to merchants.
Learn about your applicable mobile wallet option below.
Android Pay™ is a contactless payment technology that makes paying as easy as pulling out an Android phone. Users’ card information is never shared with stores because Android Pay doesn’t send their actual credit or debit card number with their payment.
Android Pay lets cardholders:
- Pay with their phone instead of reaching for their wallet
- Protect their card information
- Just unlock your phone to pay, no need to open an app
Using your A+FCU Visa debit card just became even easier. Now the things you love about your A+FCU Visa debit card are right on your Android phone.
Getting started is simple:
- Look for the app on your phone. Several devices already have Android Pay preloaded. If yours doesn’t, simply visit the Google Play store and download the app
- Add your A+FCU Visa Debit card — it’s as simple as snapping a photo
- Unlock your phone and pay confidently at over a million locations in the U.S. that accept contactless payments.
Need more details on getting set up? Visit the Android Pay Help Center if you have any further questions.
Look for these icons at checkout:
Visit here if you have any further questions.
You can now enjoy a new level of security and the convenience of Apple Pay™ with your A+FCU Visa Debit card!
Using your compatible Apple device, you can simply use your Touch ID™ thumbprint or passcode to authorize a purchase. There is no need to share your card number, making it an easy, secure, and private way to pay using your A+FCU debit card.
How it works
Rather than use your actual debit card number, Apple Pay replaces it with a secure digital account number, encrypting and securely storing it in the Secure Element, a dedicated chip in your device – giving you access to a new level of security and convenience when using your A+FCU debit card.
When you make a purchase, simply use your Touch ID thumbprint or passcode to authorize a purchase. There is no need to share your card number or your actual credit or debit card, and your numbers are never shared with merchants or transmitted with payment.
1. Confirm your compatible device* has the latest version of iOS 8.
2. In Settings, open Passbook and Apple Pay, and select “Add Credit or Debit Card” to pair your A+FCU debit card.
3. Enjoy the convenience of making your purchases with your A+FCU debit card securely with a single touch at thousands of stores and in participating apps!
Need more details on getting set up? Visit here.
Look for these icons at checkout.
Visit Apple Pay Support if you have further questions.
* Apple Pay is compatible with the following devices: iPhone, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, Apple Watch
(paired with iPhone 5 or later), iPad, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Samsung Pay is a mobile payment service that works almost anywhere you can swipe your card.* Each transaction uses a random token instead of your card number, which means your actual information isn’t shared when you shop and your details stay safe.
Samsung Pay lets cardholders:
- Enjoy the things they love about their A+FCU Visa debit card — right on their device
- Use it almost anywhere they can swipe their card
- Count on security and control with fingerprint technology
- Make sure your compatible Samsung device* is updated with Samsung Pay
- Take a picture of your A+FCU Visa card with your device’s camera
- Secure it with your fingerprint and backup PIN and you’ll be ready to go
Visit the Samsung Pay Support page if you have any further questions.
*Only compatible with select cards, carriers and Samsung devices. See the Samsung Pay Support page for compatibility information.