Save to Win is a new prize-linked share certificate. Earn entries to win prizes from $25 to $7,000 by saving money regularly.
APY=Annual Percentage Yield. Accounts insured up to $500,000: Federally insured up to $250,000 by NCUA and $250,000 Excess Share Insurance from ESI, an independent insurance company. PlusPoints cannot be used with a Save to Win Certificate. Conditions and restrictions may apply. Subject to change without notice. Membership required. Effective dates: 2.13.19 through 2.20.19.
- Minimum balance $25
- Every $25 increase in month-over-month balance earns one entry into the monthly and quarterly prize drawings
- Limit 10 entries per month and 30 per quarter
- A+FCU members are eligible for both national and A+FCU-only prizes
- Keep the deposits made and dividends earned regardless of the lottery drawing results
In 2019, A+FCU is giving away $70,000 in honor of our 70th Anniversary.
||5 $700 winners
||175 $25 winners
||1 $7,000 winner
||2 $5,000 winners
10 $1,000 winners
17 $500 winners
A+FCU members can easily open the certificate online by logging in to A+ Online Banking or the A+ Mobile App.
If you’re not already a member, open your account online, at a branch location, or give us a call at 512.302.6800.
Visit savetowin.org for saving tips and to learn more about the program.
Download Official Rules as a PDF.
A+ Federal Credit Union
Save to Win® Savings Promotion Raffle
OFFICIAL ACCOUNT AND PRIZE ENTRY RULES
1. How to Enter: The Save to Win® Savings Promotion Raffle (“Raffle”) begins on November 1, 2018 and ends December 31, 2019 (“Raffle Period”).
Automatic Entries: An eligible member of a participating credit union automatically receives Raffle entries based upon the following:
Central Monthly and Quarterly Prize Drawings: One (1) entry for every $25 increase in the monthly balance for the member in a Qualifying Certificate Account at month’s end, with a maximum of ten (10) entries per month per member. Participating members are limited to a total of 30 entries during the Raffle Period for the Central Quarterly Prize Drawings.
A+ Federal Credit Union (A+FCU) Monthly/Quarterly Prize Drawings: One (1) entry for every $25 increase in the monthly balance for the member in a Qualifying Certificate Account at month’s end, with a maximum of ten (10) entries per month. Participating members are limited to a total of 30 entries during the Raffle Period for the Credit Union Quarterly Prize Drawings. Monthly/quarterly drawing prize structure is subject to change.
Automatic Entries will be recorded by participating credit unions once the balance is calculated at month-end processing. Qualifying deposits/balances must be received and posted by the participating Credit Union prior to end of day processing on the last day of each month end. Automatic entries are only eligible to win during the drawing period covered.
Except for making deposits as described, no other action, and no other purchase or other consideration, is necessary for an entry into the prize drawing.
2. Qualifying Certificate Account: Participating credit unions will establish Qualifying Certificate Accounts. A Qualifying Certificate Account is a share certificate. Rates and other terms and conditions of a Qualifying Certificate Account may vary from credit union to credit union. A participating member is limited to one (1) Qualifying Certificate Account at one (1) participating credit union, with a minimum opening deposit. A minimum balance of $25 must be maintained in the share certificate in order to remain open. Participating members may deposit unlimited funds in a Qualifying Certificate Account, with an unlimited number of deposits, provided that prize entries and eligibility are limited as set forth in these rules. A participating member may make a maximum of one (1) withdrawal from their Qualifying Certificate Account during any twelve (12) month period, with an early withdrawal penalty of $25. More than one (1) withdrawal within any twelve (12) month period will result in the disqualification of the participating member’s Qualifying Certificate Account from consideration for subsequent prizes and the participating member’s forfeiture of any and all entries for monthly and quarterly prizes and will result in the closure of the Qualifying Certificate Account.
3. Prize Eligibility: Corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, associations, sole proprietorships, trusts, business and labor organizations, other public or private entities, as well as officers, directors and employees (including joint accounts of officers, directors and employees) of (i) participating credit unions and (ii) vendors of such credit unions are not eligible to receive Prizes from the Central Drawings or Prizes from A+FCU Drawings. All participants must be at least of sufficient age to enter into a binding contract (18 in most states as primary or joint owner), a resident of a state in which the principal place of business of one or more participating credit unions is located and be a member with a regular share account (the account which qualifies the individual for membership), in good standing in the participating credit union. To win a Prize in a drawing, a participant’s Qualifying Certificate Account must be open and active through the disbursement period. A participating member is limited to winning one Central Monthly Prize per month and one Central Quarterly Prize per quarter. A participating member is eligible to win both a Central Prize and a Credit Union Prize in the same drawing month or quarter. If the Qualifying Certificate Account is owned by more than one member, only the primary member under whose taxpayer identification number earnings on the account would be reported to the Internal Revenue Service should such reporting be required for the account is entitled to win a Prize. All transactions constituting Raffle entries must occur within a state in which the principal place of business of one or more participating credit unions is located. Before receiving any prize, a participant must confirm eligibility by verifying identity, age and certifying that all transactions constituting Raffle entries occurred within a state in which the principal place of business of one or more participating credit unions is located. If the participant fails to do so within seven (7) days after the account holding credit union notifies the participant that the participant is a winner, the participant shall forfeit the prize involved and the prize will be awarded to the first alternate winner. If a member with a Qualifying Certificate Account is ineligible for the Raffle, such member will continue to be the account holder but deposits to the account will not constitute qualifying Raffle entries.
: All cash Prizes from the Central Drawings and cash Prizes from the Credit Union Drawings will be deposited into the winner’s regular share account. Cash Prizes may not be deposited in the member’s Qualifying Certificate Account. All Central Drawing winners and winners from the Credit Union Drawings will be selected from among all participants in the Raffle Drawings. Central Monthly and Quarterly Drawings will be conducted within fourteen (14) days of the conclusion of the previous month/quarter, for which valid entries will be determined. Winners will be notified via telephone, email, or standard U.S.P.S. mail. Prizes are non-transferrable. You need not be present at the drawing to win. Prize winnings are subject to IRS requirements and may be reported to the IRS as income as required. Prize amounts for Credit Union Drawings are listed below. A complete list of Central Drawing Prizes as applicable from time to time will be listed on the www.savetowin.org
A+FCU CREDIT UNION PRIZE DRAWINGS:
2018: Credit Union Prize Drawings totaling $4,500 dollars annually with prizes each month/quarter will be awarded to winning members as follows:
THREE (3) WINNING ENTRIES WILL BE RANDOMLY SELECTED TO RECEIVE A $500 CASH PRIZE EACH MONTH
ONE (1) WINNING ENTRIES WILL BE RANDOMLY SELECTED TO RECEIVE A $1,500 CASH PRIZE EACH QUARTER
2019: Credit Union Prize Drawings totaling $70,000 dollars annually with prizes each month/quarter will be awarded to winning members as follows:
FIVE (5) WINNING ENTRIES WILL BE RANDOMLY SELECTED TO RECEIVE A $700 CASH PRIZE EACH MONTH
ONE (1) WINNING ENTRIES WILL BE RANDOMLY SELECTED TO RECEIVE A $7,000 CASH PRIZE EACH QUARTER
5. Odds: Actual odds of winning are based upon the number of eligible entries received. Each eligible entry shall have a chance of winning Central Monthly and Quarterly Prizes that is equal to that of all other entries in the Raffle. For A+ Federal Credit Union Prizes, each eligible entry shall have a chance of winning that is equal to that of all other entries within the same participating credit union. Except for making deposits as described, taking any other action, or purchasing any goods or services, will not increase the odds of winning.
6. Prize Administration and Research Study. Save to Win® entries and prize drawings are submitted to and conducted by CU Solutions Group, Incorporated (CUSG), an affiliate of the Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL), a non-profit credit union trade association. The Save to Win® program is part of an ongoing research project of CUSG and Commonwealth, which entails the study of information about prize-linked savings programs and savings habits of consumers. To participate in the raffle, the entrant’s social security number is transmitted by the Credit Union via a secure data sharing process and then replaced with a new unique identifier by CUSG for raffle and reporting purposes. The entrant’s social security number will be deleted from the file by CUSG as soon as it is securely encrypted and is not stored on any third-party system or accessible by third party administrators. Non-Public Personal Information provided to CUSG by A+FCU for entrants under the Save to Win® program will not be shared with Commonwealth for research purposes. It will not be shared with any other entity or used for any other purpose, unless an individual program participant has authorized disclosure of such information in writing to Commonwealth and any third parties, and only to extent of such authorization.
7. Decisions: By entering into the Raffle, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and to accept the decisions of CUSG and the participating credit unions as final. Entrants also agree to hold each participating credit union, and each third party contributing funds and/or services to the Raffle (collectively and hereinafter referred to as the “Parties”) and each of their officers, directors, employees, members and representatives, and agents harmless from any liability arising from participation, or the acceptance of a prize. The Parties and each of their officers, directors, employees, members, representatives, and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss, or other damages of entrants and/or winners arising from, or in connection with, acceptance of prizes awarded or participation in this Raffle. The participating credit unions reserve the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these Official Rules or who make any misrepresentations relative to the Raffle and prize redemption.
8. Publicity: Each winner agrees to permit the Parties to use his/her name and likeness in promotional and other materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. Each winner also agrees that his/her name and prize amount will be given to other entrants upon request.
9. Compliance with Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Parties in connection with the Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to its choice of law principles. Matters solely between a participating credit union and its members and matters concerning the legality of a participating credit union participating in the Raffle shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the state in which the credit union’s principal place of business is located without regard to its choice of law principles. This raffle is void where and to the extent prohibited by law.
10. Taxes: Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any expenses associated with the prize, unless otherwise indicated.
: The Parties may agree to amend the rules or discontinue the Raffle at any time. The Parties disclaim any responsibility to notify entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Raffle. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at any A+ Federal Credit Union location. Copies of the authoritative and updated rules are available at www.savetowin.org
. In the event of any conflict between the rules posted on the www.savetowin.org
website and any other version of the rules, the version posted on the Save to Win website will be considered the definitive and controlling version.
12. Sponsor: A+ Federal Credit Union is the sponsor of this promotion.