Using Debit Card Fraud Text Alerts
Enroll in the Fraud Text Alert service to receive text notification of potential fraud on your A+FCU debit card and learn how to keep your funds safe from fraudsters.
If you receive a text message regarding fraudulent transactions at A+FCU, please call our Member Contact Center at 512.302.6800 to confirm.
In the last few years, merchant data breaches have been steadily increasing. Over 1,001 data breaches occurred in 2020, with more than 155.8 million consumer data exposures.
To help our members protect their information, we launched a text alert system in 2018 that notifies members when potential fraudulent activity occurs on their A+FCU-issued debit card. This alert can allow you to stop fraudulent activity on your debt card as it occurs and keep your funds and information safer from fraudsters.
Debit Card Fraud Text Alerts
Our service provider monitors debit card transactions for fraud. If a transaction on your card is considered suspicious, the service will attempt to send you a text message alerting you of the transaction.
Once you receive the message, you can reply with Yes or No, as appropriate. If you don’t respond to the text message, the automated service will then call the phone number(s) on file. If no one answers the phone call, a voice message may be left on that phone with a callback number and case number. If you respond by phone, you will be asked to verify your identity.
Additionally, once a potential fraudulent transaction is detected on your card, our service provider may place a temporary block on it to prevent further transactions.
Opt In to SMS/Text Alerts
To begin receiving SMS/Text Alerts, you must first opt in to the service. To do so, you can either call 512.302.6800 during business hours or visit one of our branch locations.
Tell them you would like to opt in to the Fraud Text Alert service. Once this has been done, you will begin receiving SMS/text messages any time there’s a suspicious transaction.
- The automated communications will never ask for your PIN or account number
- You can OPT OUT of the text service at any time by texting STOP to 32874 or by contacting A+FCU at 512.302.6800
- All cardholders are automatically enrolled for phone calls and cannot be opted out of this service
- By providing us with your telephone number and consenting to receive text messages, you expressly authorize us to communicate with you by text messaging
- Standard internet or text messaging fees may apply
- This service may not be available through some networks or in some locations
- We are not responsible for any problems or failures related to your mobile device, cellular service provider, or any other service provider that may affect your access to the services
NOTE: For security reasons, we do not publish the phone number for Fraud Prevention Services. Please contact us at 512.302.6800 to receive this information. We recommend putting it into your contacts as A+ Fraud Alerts so it will display when you get a call.
A+ Card Guard
A+ Card Guard is a free mobile app that adds an extra level of security to your debit card by giving you real-time transaction notifications to potentially stop fraudulent activity and allows you to easily suspend your debit card if you think it’s lost or stolen.