If you receive a text message regarding fraudulent transactions at A+FCU, please call the main line (512.302.6800) to confirm.
In the last few years, merchant data breaches have been steadily increasing. Over 11,059 data breaches occurred in 2018, with more than 1.6 million consumer records exposed.
To help our members protect their information, A+FCU launched a text alert system in 2018 that notifies our members when potential fraudulent activity occurs on their A+FCU-issued debit card. This alert can allow you to stop fraudulent activity on your debt card as it occurs and keep your funds and information safer from fraudsters.
Learn more about Debit Card Fraud Text Alerts and other ways to keep your card safe and secure.
How it Works
Our service provider monitors debit card transactions for fraud. If a transaction on your card is considered suspicious, the service will attempt to send you a text message alerting you to the transaction.
Once you receive the message, you can reply with “Yes” or “No”, as appropriate.
If you don’t respond to the text message, the automated service will then call the phone number(s) on file.
If no one answers the phone call, a voice message may be left on that phone with a callback number and case number. If you respond by phone, you will be asked to verify your identity.
Additionally, once a potential fraudulent transaction is detected on your card, our service provider may place a temporary block on it to prevent further transactions.
Opt In to SMS/Text Alerts
To begin receiving SMS/Text Alerts, you must first opt in to the service.
How to opt in:
- Call 512.302.6800 between 8 am and 7 pm
- Visit one of our branch locations
Tell them you would like to “opt in” to the Fraud Text Alert service. Once this has been done, you will begin receiving SMS/text messages any time there is a suspicious transaction.
- The automated communications will never ask for your PIN or account number
- You can OPT OUT of the text service at any time by texting STOP to 32874 or by contacting A+FCU at 512.302.6800
- All cardholders are automatically enrolled for phone calls and cannot be opted out of this service
- By providing us with your telephone number and consenting to receive text messages, you expressly authorize us to communicate with you by text messaging
- Standard internet or text messaging fees may apply
- This service may not be available through some networks or in some locations
- We are not responsible for any problems or failures related to your mobile device, or cellular service provider, or any other service provider that may affect your access to the services
NOTE: For security reasons, we do not publish the phone number for Fraud Prevention Services. Please contact us at 512.302.6800 to receive this information. We recommend putting it into your contacts as “A+ Fraud Alerts” so it will display when you get a call.
A+ Card Guard App
A+ Card Guard is a mobile app that adds an extra level of security to your debit card by giving you transaction notifications real-time to potentially stop fraudulent activity.
You can easily suspend your debit card if you think it’s lost or stolen, set transaction limits for a certain amount, choose if you’d like to decline ATM, international, or online transactions, and set up real-time alerts for certain transactions.
Connectivity and usage rates may apply. Contact your wireless service provider for more details. Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc. ©2019 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google Play is a trademark of Google LLC.