A+FCU hosted its annual A+ Gives Day in which team members volunteered at organizations throughout the Central Texas community and beyond.
On Monday, October 9, 2023, A+FCU hosted its annual A+ Gives Day in which over 500 team members volunteered more than 1,775 hours at 40 Central Texas organizations and 26 organizations across the nation.
A+ Gives Day is an expansion of the credit union’s ongoing A+ Gives program to show appreciation and support for the communities A+FCU serves. A+ Gives Day specifically focused on organizations that help in four key areas: animal needs, community outreach, food insecurity, and park clean up.
Key highlights from A+ Gives Day:
- More than 500 employees volunteered
- Over 275 hours served with organizations supporting animal needs
- Over 895 hours served with community outreach partners
- Over 245 hours served with organizations fighting food insecurity
- Over 150 hours served cleaning up local parks
- Over 175 hours served with organizations across the nation by remote team members
- $15,000 donated to Austin Habitat for Humanity
- $10,000 donated to four top voted non-profit organizations – each received a $2,500 donation based on over 4,750 community votes: Backpack Friends, HopeAustin, ROCK Ride On Center for Kids, and Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas
We’re truly grateful for the amazing and generous volunteers who helped us donate our time and resources to our communities across Central Texas. A+ Gives Day is our favorite way to show our communities that we are committed to banking on each other and building stronger communities.
– Eric R. Kase, A+FCU President/CEO
“We’re truly grateful for the amazing and generous volunteers who helped us donate our time and resources to our communities across Central Texas,” said Eric R. Kase, President/CEO of A+FCU. “A+ Gives Day is our favorite way to show our communities that we are committed to banking on each other and building stronger communities.”
From the planning stages of A+ Gives Day to the actual day of service, every team member at A+FCU played a hand in offering more support than ever before to these organizations. “Our A+ Team came in and executed all tasks so that we could conduct our operations for the week,” said Monica von Waaden, Founder and Executive Director at HopeAustin. “Each individual truly brings the joy of service, and they look forward to being the difference in the community. It is real and evident.”
A+FCU not only volunteered time, but also donated $10,000 as part of the A+ Gives Day initiative. A+FCU organized a community voting process that generated over 4,750 votes by community members and partner organization supporters. On A+ Gives Day, the top four voted organizations were each awarded with a $2,500 check – congratulations to Backpack Friends, HopeAustin, ROCK Ride On Center for Kids, and Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas.
A+ Gives Day impacted community partner organizations and Team A+. Check out what they had to say about volunteering in the community:
2023 A+ Gives Day Organizations