Let's bank on each other®.
At A+FCU, we don’t have customers, we have members. That means we’re all in this together, and when one member does well, we all share the benefits.
Our purpose is to educate each and every member and give them the right guidance for their unique financial situation. By giving our members the knowledge, resources, and products to meet long-term goals as well as day-to-day needs, our credit union becomes stronger.
Let us earn your trust by being your financial advocate at every turn.
Banking on each other. Building stronger communities.TM
Way back in 1949, some like-minded teachers came up with the idea to work together not just as colleagues but also as stewards of each other’s financial futures.
Guided by the philosophy of mutual benefit, these teachers created a not-for-profit financial cooperative. As with a lot of things in life, looking out for each other made everyone stronger and more secure.
With this foundation, A+FCU grew to be one of the largest credit unions in Texas.
Over the years, many things have changed, but the bedrock principles remain. A+FCU takes the financial education of every member seriously. We strive to understand the needs of every member to give them the best financial guidance. And we know that banking on each other benefits everyone.
With our ongoing commitment to serving our members and our community, A+FCU is honored to be the recipient of a number of prestigious awards.
Austin American-Statesman 2022 Best of the Best Awards – Winner Best of the Best Customer Service
A+FCU earned the top spot as the Best in Customer Service. A+FCU was also honored as a top three nominee in the Best Credit Union in 2022.
Austin Young Chamber 2022 FAVE Awards – Finalist of FAVE Company Culture
Finalist in the category that a company has demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; employee development; and creating a rewarding and safe work atmosphere for all employees.
- 2022 APIE Business Champion Award
Austin Partners in Education (APIE) honored A+FCU with their 2022 APIE Business Champion Award which recognizes support provided to APIE and Austin ISD over the years including an ongoing dedication to AISD students.
- MemberXP 2022 Best of the Best Award – Best Member Experience and Best Loan Experience
A+FCU is once again a Best of the Best award winner in 2022 in two key categories: Member Shoppers Experience and Consumer Lending Experience. The MemberXP Best of the Best designation is awarded to credit unions that consistently provide exceptional levels of member service during a calendar year.
- Austin American-Statesman Best of the Best Awards – Winner Best of the Best Mortgage Lender
A+FCU earned the top spot as the Best Mortgage Lender in the Austin area. A+FCU was also honored as a top three nominee in the Best Credit Union category in 2021.
A+FCU again made Forbes’ list based on criteria such as satisfaction, trust, branch services, digital services, and financial advice. Of the 5,068 credit unions nationwide, just 3.6% made the list. A+FCU is one of only 5 credit unions featured on the list for Texas.
MemberXP 2021 Best of the Best Award – Member Shoppers Experience & Consumer Lending ExperienceA+FCU was a 2021 Best of the Best award winner in two categories: Member Shoppers Experience and Consumer Lending Experience. The MemberXP Best of the Best designation is awarded to credit unions that consistently provide exceptional levels of member service during a calendar year.
- RecognizeGood Ethics in Business Award – Large Business Winner
RecognizeGood’s Ethics in Business program illuminates businesses, individuals, and nonprofits across Central Texas who believe that doing good is good business.
- Austin Gives Generous Business Awards – 2021 Volunteer of the Year Honoree Eduardo Miramontes, Main Branch Manager
The Austin Gives Generous Business Awards recognizes outstanding individuals who are helping to forge the next generation of volunteer leaders in our community through their example, coaching, and willingness to work with others.
- Austin Young Chamber 2021 FAVE Awards – Winner of FAVE Way to Keep Austin Healthy
Winner in the category that recognizes a company that contributes to Austin’s mental, financial, or physical health.
- 2021 Annual Greater Austin Business Awards – Honoree in Company Culture and Community Relations categories
Company Culture Award recognizes companies that foster a creative, collaborative workplace culture. Community Relations Award honors organizations with a successful approach to corporate social responsibility.
- 20th Annual Greater Austin Business Awards – Customer Experience Award (Large Category)
The Customer Experience Award recognizes companies or organizations that are dedicated to an outstanding customer experience and satisfaction in all aspects of sales and services.
- Desjardins Youth and Adult Financial Education Award – First Place, Cornerstone Region
CUNA created the Desjardins program to recognize leadership within the credit union movement on behalf of financial literacy for all ages.
- Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award – Second Place, Cornerstone Region
This award is given to a credit union or chapter/group for its social responsibility projects within the community.
- Austin Gives Generous Business Awards – Large Business Category Winner
The Austin Chamber recognizes organizations who pledged 1% of pre-tax earnings toward their community impact efforts.
- Forbes’ Best-In-State Credit Unions for 2020
A+FCU made Forbes’ list based on criteria such as satisfaction, trust, branch services, digital services, and financial advice. Of the 5,236 credit unions nationwide, just 3.5% made the list.
- Austin American-Statesman Best of the Best Awards
A+FCU was honored in the top three nominees for Best Credit Union and Best Bank in 2020.
- Bauer Financial 5-Star Credit Union Rating
This financial data is compiled and reported to federal regulators. According to Bauer, a five-star rating is superior and recommended by their organization
- MemberXP 2020 Best of the Best Award
A+FCU was awarded as a 2020 Best of the Best winner with MemberXP for consistently providing exceptional member services.
- Austin Young Chamber 2019 FAVE Awards – FAVE Community Minded Company
This category in the Austin Young Chamber’s Annual FAVE Awards recognizes local businesses for the good work they’re doing within the community.
- Austin American-Statesman Best of the Best Awards
A+FCU was honored in the top three nominees for Best Credit Union in 2019.
- Top Workplaces 2022 Winner A+FCU Increases Effective On-Site Starting Pay To $20 Per Hour (11.8.2022)
- A+FCU Employees Volunteered Over 2,000 Hours During Inaugural A+ Gives Day (10.27.2022)
- A+FCU Tops Best of the Best Awards Winning Best Customer Service In Central Texas (10.5.2022)
- A+ Education Foundation Awards $79,000 in Grants (7.20.2022)
- Central Texas Students Awarded $120,000 in Scholarships from A+FCU (5.4.2022)
- A+FCU Wins 2021 FAVE Way to Keep Austin Healthy Award (12.2.2021)
- A+FCU Tops Best of the Best Awards as Best Mortgage Lender in Central Texas (10.25.2021)
- A+FCU Announces New Chief Digital Strategy Officer (7.20.2021)
- A+ Education Foundation Awards Over $84,000 in Grants to 64 Area Educators (7.15.2021)
- Central Texas High School and College Students Awarded $100,000 in Scholarships from A+FCU (5.17.2021)
- A+FCU Announces New Chief Financial Officer (3.29.2021)
- A+FCU Announces Tricia Lewis Promotion To Senior VP, Human Resources (3.23.2021)
- A+ Federal Credit Union Wins 2020 Greater Austin Business Award (12.15.2020)
- A+ Federal Credit Union Wins Austin Gives Generous Business Award for 2020 (7.30.2020)
- A+ Education Foundation Awards $126,000 in Grants to 91 Area Educators (7.15.2020)
- A+ Federal Credit Union Unions Announces New Chief Member Experience Officer (7.9.2020)
- A+ Federal Credit Union Awarded as One of Forbes’ Best-In-State Credit Unions for 2020 (7.1.2020)
- Central Texas High School and College Students Awarded $100,000 in Scholarships from A+FCU (5.27.2020)
- A+ Federal Credit Union wins MemberXP 2020 Best of the Best award (3.11.2020)
- A+ Education Foundation Grant Application Now Available (2.18.2020)