COVID-19 is impacting communities in a variety of ways. School looks different for everyone, shoppers are keeping grocery stores busy, and work situations are changing.
We wanted to make life a little simpler by providing a comprehensive list of resources available to you. For additional assistance with essential needs, please use this 211 site.
Families are able to obtain learning material at no-cost thanks to a variety of organizations. Here are a few.
- Barbara Bush Foundation’s Educational Toolkit for At-Home Learning
- Scholastic Learn At Home – Pre-K through 12th grade
- Brain Pop and Brain Pop Jr. – K-12
- Khan Academy – K-12
- National Geographic – K-12
- PBS Learning – K-12
- Hippo Campus – Middle school through college
- Texas Workforce Commission – Subsidized child care for low-income families
COVID-19 Testing & Vaccinations
- Austin Public Health – FREE testing for the public
- CommUnityCare – FREE for uninsured persons or billed through insurance provider
- Austin Public Health – All adults are currently eligible to be vaccinated and can register through Austin Public Health
- VaccineFinder – Find clinics, pharmacies, and other locations that offer COVID-19 vaccines in the U.S.
- CVS – Schedule an appointment for a vaccine in select stores
- Austin Regional Clinic – Limited COVID-19 vaccine appointments are available for Moderna and Pfizer
- H-E-B Pharmacy – Schedule an appointment for a vaccine in select stores
- H-E-B Senior Support Line – Low cost service for seniors age 60 and older
- Central Texas Food Bank – Sites in the area providing groceries and hot meals
- Meals on Wheels – Assistance for older adults, kids, or persons with disabilities
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – Click here for additional help applying for benefits
- Food Pantries – Find food pantries in your area
- Healthy Options for the Elderly (HOPE)
- COVID-19 Virtual Crisis Counseling – Free counseling for residents of select Central Texas counties
- COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line – Confidential and free of charge
- CDC: Coronavirus Resources
- CDC: Managing Anxiety and Stress
- Assistance Programs for Texans
- Medical Access Program
- Discounted prescriptions available through programs like GoodRx and FamilyWize
- Assistance for Austin Renters
- Rental Assistance Programs
- Help with Eviction or Displacement
- Temporary Relief for Federally-Backed Mortgages
- The Safe Alliance – Safe place for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, sex trafficking, and child abuse
- Spectrum – Spectrum Internet Assist is available exclusively to qualified households
- Comcast Internet Essentials – Low cost option; eligibility restrictions apply
COVID-19 Updates by County
Texas Tax Relief
Due to Winter Storm Uri, the tax deadline has been extended to June 15, 2021 for Texas residents. Individuals and businesses now have until then to file and make tax payments to the IRS.
Free Financial Coaching
Managing finances in the midst of a health crisis can be challenging. Our partner, BALANCE, is ready to serve should you need to speak to a financial coach. Services are provided at no cost to you. Coaches can assist with building a budget, debt repayment strategies, foreclosure prevention, student loan coaching, and more.
To speak to a financial coach, call toll-free 1-800.777.PLAN (7526). Monday–Thursday 9:30 AM–8 PM, Friday 9:30 AM–7 PM, Saturday 11 AM–4 PM (Central Time). Multilingual representatives are ready to assist.