As of June 15, A+FCU branch lobbies have expanded appointment-only lobby services. Drive-thrus and Contact Center remain open.
In accordance with the Travis County and City of Austin Stay Home – Save Lives order, all A+FCU staff AND members are required to wear masks or face coverings beginning June 19.
The best place to find current information regarding A+FCU is this page. To find additional resources for things like help with housing assistance, access to healthcare, food, and more, click here.
Lobby Reopening Details
As we take steps to reopen, we want to make sure we are doing so safely.
- Branch lobbies now have expanded services by appointment only. This includes services that cannot be completed in the drive-thru such as notary services, coin machine access, safe deposit box entry, account opening, real estate closings, and more. Appointments are available Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm, and Saturdays from 10 am – 1 pm.
- Please continue to use the drive-thru for teller transactions and account services. Drive-thrus are open Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 6 pm, and Saturdays, 9 am – 1 pm.
- Our Member Contact Center remains open 8 am – 7 pm, Monday – Friday, and 10 am – 1 pm on Saturdays.
- All high school branches are closed.
- To make an appointment, complete our Appointment Request form or call 512.302.6800.
- Branch staff will reach out within eight business hours to finalize the appointment details.
- Members will only be allowed into the lobby if they make an appointment.
- We ask that you show up at your appointment time and wait in your car/outside the branch until a branch team member calls your cell phone. Once they call, you will be escorted inside.
- It’s recommended that you do not bring additional people with you to the appointment unless necessary.
- Should you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, please call 512.302.6800 or complete the Appointment Request form.
Please reschedule/cancel your appointment if you answer “yes” to any of the following questions:
- Do you have signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat (unless you’ve been cleared by a doctor)? Additional symptoms may include chills, fatigue, new loss of taste or smell, congestion, etc.
- Do you have a fever greater than 99.6 degrees Fahrenheit?
- In the last 14 days have you had contact with someone: with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and did not have the appropriate personal protective equipment designated by the CDC, who is under investigation for COVID-19, and/or who is ill with a respiratory illness?
- In the last 14 days, have you traveled to an area the WHO or CDC considers a ‘hotspot’?
Our employees are also required to follow these same guidelines to keep our staff and members safe.
Cleaning and Safety Precautions
- All branches have been treated with an antimicrobial spray.
- Entry and exit doors are automated.
- Large Plexiglas® germ guards are installed on office desks and teller stations.
- After each appointment, A+FCU team members will disinfect the space including wiping down surfaces, chairs, and anything touched during the appointment.
- While the pandemic is active, branch staff are only working at one location to minimize potential exposure and spread of the virus.
- For updated public health information, please visit: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization.
We strongly encourage you to use remote services as much as possible during this time.
- Through A+ Online Banking, you can quickly check balances for all your accounts, transfer funds, apply for loans, open new shares, and more. If you haven’t registered yet, click “Enroll” (located on the top right of the page) to start.
- Add an extra level of security to any of your A+FCU debit cards with the free A+ Card Guard App. Easily suspend your debit card in the event you think it may be lost or stolen or if you won’t be using it for a period of time and reactivate when you’re ready, set transaction limits for a certain amount, enable real-time alerts, and more.
- If you’re near an A+FCU ATM or an ATM in our network, you can easily check your balances at no cost. For a list of surcharge-free ATMs, visit our locations page or freecuatms.org. A+FCU-only ATMs accept cash and check deposits 24/7.
- Use the A+ Mobile App to easily do online banking tasks anywhere when you have your phone or tablet with you. Check your balances, transfer money from accounts or to other members, deposit checks, and more. Just download the app from your device app store to get started.
- Send safe, secure messages through the A+ Mobile App or A+ Online Banking and an A+FCU employee will contact you. You can ask for help transferring funds, setting up accounts, talk to our mortgage department, and more. Click here to see our how-to video.
Protecting Your Finances
- New stimulus check scams are happening every day. Know the details and remember that A+FCU and the US Government will never ask for personally identifying information such as social security number or account information over the phone, via email, or through text messages.
- Fraudsters have launched coronavirus-specific malware. Look out for phishing emails pretending to be the CDC or WHO. They’ve also created fake websites to exploit other interactive tools and are using those to spread malware.
- We also recommend learning about common scams that occur during crises, like charity scams and banking scams.
- To discuss consumer loan and mortgage repayment options, please call our Lending team at 512.421.2874.
- To learn more about business loan options available to current A+FCU business members, click here.
We want to assure you that A+ Federal Credit Union is a financially sound institution and has been for the past 70 years. Your accounts are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to $250,000. Learn more about what that means for you here.
A benefit of your membership is free financial counseling with our partner, BALANCE. To speak with a financial counselor, call 800.777.7526, Monday – Thursday 9:30 am – 8 pm, Fridays 9:30 am – 7 pm, and Saturdays 11 am – 4 pm. They also offer resources like the Surviving a Financial Crisis Toolkit.
Am I allowed more transfers out of my savings now due to the pandemic?
Per Federal Reserve Bank recent action, effective immediately, and until further notice, the Reg. D limit of six convenient transfers per month out of savings is not being enforced.
When is the tax return deadline?
In response to COVID-19, the federal tax filing deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020. However, it’s a good idea to file your 2019 tax return now to ensure the IRS has your most current information to deposit your stimulus check.
How do I learn more about the stimulus check?
We recommend visiting the IRS website to find the most current and accurate information.
Are my accounts going to be okay?
A+FCU is a financially sound institution and has been for the past 70 years. Your accounts are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to $250,000. You can learn more about what that means for you here.
Who can I call to talk about my finances?
A benefit of your membership is free financial counseling with our partner, BALANCE. To speak with a financial counselor, call 800.777.7526, Monday – Thursday 9:30 am – 8 pm, Fridays 9:30 am – 7 pm, and Saturdays 11 am – 4 pm.
If you have specific account related questions, please call us at 512.302.6800.
What information is needed to enroll in A+ Online Banking?
To enroll, you will need to submit the Member Number, Date of Birth, last four digits of the Social Security number, and Zip Code for the Primary Member (personal) or Authorized Signer (business). You will also choose a unique login ID (8–12 alpha-numeric characters).
How do I enroll in Online Banking?
- Click on Enroll (you can also enroll by clicking “Enroll” on the A+ Mobile app)
- If you have a Personal Account, fill out the information on the form using the Primary account holder’s information
- If you have a Business Account, click on the Business tab at the top and fill in the form using any Authorized Signer’s information
- Notate the Login ID and Password > click Here
- Enter in the Login ID and Password from previous step > click Log In
- Select how you’d like to receive your Secure Access Code > click Submit
- Type in your five digit Secure Access Code > click Submit
- Read the Online Banking Agreement > click I Accept
- Verify the information displayed, but do not change anything > click Submit
- Create and confirm a new password > click Submit
- Click OK to change password
How do I access my account on the A+ Mobile app?
To access your account with the A+ Mobile app, use the same login ID and password you use to access A+ Online Banking through a desktop browser.
How do I activate my A+FCU debit card received in the mail?
Please call 800.335.4583 and follow the prompts to activate your debit card. After your A+FCU debit card arrives, your PIN will follow in a separate letter in 2-3 days. If the card is a reissue for an expired/expiring card with the same number, your PIN will stay the same.
How do I reset my A+FCU debit card PIN?
Reset your PIN by calling 800.335.4583. You can only reset your PIN when calling in if you know your old PIN number. If you know your current PIN, you can also reset it at ATMs located at A+FCU branch locations.
Find more FAQs here.