As the COVID-19 health crisis continues, all A+FCU lobbies remain closed until we ensure we have the proper precautions in place to safely reopen. Our drive-thrus and Contact Center remain open.
We’re evaluating and trying to determine the best option for safely reopening. When we do make a decision it will posted to social media and our website.
This situation is constantly evolving and things are rapidly changing. The best place to find current information regarding A+FCU is this page. To find additional resources for things like help with education, finding food, access to healthcare, and more, click here.
It’s our goal to remain honest and transparent with our members, especially during this unprecedented time. On May 19, 2020, an employee at our Round Rock branch tested positive for COVID-19 and is now in quarantine. Out of an abundance of caution, we temporarily closed this location.
As of May 22, 2020, our Round Rock drive-thru is open again after being professionally cleaned and disinfected, including replacing the A/C filters and applying an anti-viral treatment to high-touch surfaces in the branch.
All individuals who have been in contact with the employee have been notified. If you have concerns, your doctor is the best person to give you guidance if you should self-quarantine.
We appreciate your understanding.
- Branch drive-thrus remain open during normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 6 pm, and Saturdays, 9 am – 1 pm.
- Certain lobby-only banking services, like safe deposit box entry and A+ Wealth Management consultations, are available by appointment only Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Appointments may be made by calling 512.302.6800 or through the drive-thru. Considerations will be taken on a case by case basis.
- While the pandemic is active, branch staff are only working at one location to minimize potential exposure and spread of the virus.
- Our Member Contact Center remains open 8 am – 7 pm, Monday – Friday, and 10 am – 1 pm on Saturdays. Hold times may be longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.
- All high school branches remain closed in accordance with their respective school district’s schedule. Find additional locations at aplusfcu.org/locations.
- For updated public health information, visit: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization.
We’ve updated the requirements for branch entry and drive thru visits through 6.15.2020 based on Travis County’s new Stay Home – Work Safe order.
Anyone visiting an A+FCU branch at any location must have a proper mask or cloth face covering and answer “no” to each of these four questions:
- Do you have signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat (unless you’ve been cleared by a doctor)?
- Do you have a fever greater than 99.6 degrees Fahrenheit?
- In the last 14 days have you had contact with someone: with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and did not have the appropriate personal protective equipment designated by the CDC, who is under investigation for COVID-19, and/or who is ill with a respiratory illness?
- In the last month, have you traveled to an area the WHO or CDC considers a ‘hotspot’?
For everyone’s safety, please don’t request a lobby visit or use a drive-up service if you answered “yes” to any of the questions above. Our employees are also required to follow these same guidelines to keep our staff and members safe.
We strongly encourage you to use remote services as much as possible during this time.
- Through A+ Online Banking, you can quickly check balances for all your accounts, transfer funds, apply for loans, open new shares, and more. If you haven’t registered yet, click “First-Time User” (located on the top right of the page) to start.
- Add an extra level of security to any of your A+FCU debit cards with the free A+ Card Guard App. Easily suspend your debit card in the event you think it may be lost or stolen or if you won’t be using it for a period of time and reactivate when you’re ready, set transaction limits for a certain amount, enable real-time alerts, and more.
- If you’re near an A+FCU ATM or an ATM in our network, you can easily check your balances at no cost. For a list of surcharge-free ATMs, visit our locations page or freecuatms.org. A+FCU-only ATMs accept cash and check deposits 24/7.
- Use the A+ Mobile App to easily do online banking tasks anywhere when you have your phone or tablet with you. Check your balances, transfer money from accounts or to other members, deposit checks, and more. Just download the app from your device app store to get started.
- Send safe, secure messages through the A+ Mobile App or A+ Online Banking and an A+FCU employee will contact you. You can ask for help transferring funds, setting up accounts, talk to our mortgage department, and more. Click here to see our how-to video.
Protecting Your Finances
- New stimulus check scams are happening every day. Know the details and remember that A+FCU and the US Government will never ask for personally identifying information such as social security number or account information over the phone, via email, or through text messages.
- Fraudsters have launched coronavirus-specific malware. Look out for phishing emails pretending to be the CDC or WHO. They’ve also created fake websites to exploit other interactive tools and are using those to spread malware.
- We also recommend learning about common scams that occur during crises, like charity scams and banking scams.
- To discuss consumer loan and mortgage repayment options, please call our Lending team at 512.421.2874.
- To learn more about business loan options available to current A+FCU business members, click here. Update: We’ve paused accepting new SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan applications.
We want to assure you that A+ Federal Credit Union is a financially sound institution and has been for the past 70 years. Your accounts are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to $250,000. Learn more about what that means for you here.
A benefit of your membership is free financial counseling with our partner, BALANCE. To speak with a financial counselor, call 1.800.777.7526, Monday – Thursday 9:30 am – 8 pm, Fridays 9:30 am – 7 pm, and Saturdays 11 am – 4 pm. They also offer resources like the Surviving a Financial Crisis Toolkit.
If you need assistance with any of these services or have questions, please visit us online or call our team at 512.302.6800.
Am I allowed more transfers out of my savings now due to the pandemic?
Per Federal Reserve Bank recent action, effective immediately, and until further notice, the Reg. D limit of six convenient transfers per month out of savings is not being enforced.
When is the tax return deadline?
In response to COVID-19, the federal tax filing deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020. However, it’s a good idea to file your 2019 tax return now to ensure the IRS has your most current information to deposit your stimulus check.
How do I learn more about the stimulus check?
We recommend visiting the IRS website to find the most current and accurate information.
What is a shelter in place order?
According to Travis County, a shelter in place order requires all non-essential businesses to cease operations and essential businesses must comply with social distancing requirements. Individuals are only allowed to leave their homes for essential activities, such as obtaining healthcare, buying groceries, or performing work at an essential business.
Is A+FCU closed now that a shelter in place is in effect?
No, A+FCU is an essential business and will remain open during the shelter in place. As a credit union, we’re categorized as an industry that provides a critical service. The Department of Homeland Security identifies 16 sectors/industries that provide critical services in the United States, one of which is financial services.
Why was the decision made to reopen the Round Rock branch so quickly?
As a credit union, A+FCU is categorized as an industry that is part of the “critical infrastructure workforce.” We’re following suggested guidance regarding reopening response to a positive COVID-19 case. More details can be found on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Will I be able to access my safe deposit box?
Yes, you will still be able to access your safe deposit box by appointment only. Call 512.302.6800 to set one up.
Are my accounts going to be okay?
A+FCU is a financially sound institution and has been for the past 70 years. Your accounts are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to $250,000. You can learn more about what that means for you here.
Who can I call to talk about my finances?
A benefit of your membership is free financial counseling with our partner, BALANCE. To speak with a financial counselor, call 1.800.777.7526, Monday – Thursday 9:30 am – 8 pm, Fridays 9:30 am – 7 pm, and Saturdays 11 am – 4 pm.
If you have specific account related questions, please call us at 512.302.6800.
What information is needed to enroll in A+ Online Banking?
To enroll, you will need to submit the Member Number, Date of Birth, last four digits of the Social Security number, and Zip Code for the Primary Member (personal) or Authorized Signer (business). You will also choose a unique login ID (8–12 alpha-numeric characters).
How do I enroll in Online Banking?
- Click on Enroll (you can also enroll by clicking “Enroll” on the A+ Mobile app)
- If you have a Personal Account, fill out the information on the form using the Primary account holder’s information
- If you have a Business Account, click on the Business tab at the top and fill in the form using any Authorized Signer’s information
- Notate the Login ID and Password > click Here
- Enter in the Login ID and Password from previous step > click Log In
- Select how you’d like to receive your Secure Access Code > click Submit
- Type in your five digit Secure Access Code > click Submit
- Read the Online Banking Agreement > click I Accept
- Verify the information displayed, but do not change anything > click Submit
- Create and confirm a new password > click Submit
- Click OK to change password
How do I access my account on the A+ Mobile app?
To access your account with the A+ Mobile app, use the same login ID and password you use to access A+ Online Banking through a desktop browser.
How do I activate my A+FCU debit card received in the mail?
Please call 1.800.335.4583 and follow the prompts to activate your debit card. After your A+FCU debit card arrives, your PIN will follow in a separate letter in 2-3 days. If the card is a reissue for an expired/expiring card with the same number, your PIN will stay the same.
How do I reset my A+FCU debit card PIN?
Reset your PIN by calling 1.800.335.4583. You can only reset your PIN when calling in if you know your old PIN number. If you know your current PIN, you can also reset it at ATMs located at A+FCU branch locations.
Find more FAQs here.