A+FCU 70th Anniversary
We celebrated 70 years in 2019 with events, giveaways, A+ Gives, and more.
In 2019, A+FCU celebrated 70 years of passion, community, education, commitment, and trust. Because of you, we have a presence in Central Texas.
Visit our A+ Gives page to see how we gave back in 2019 and what we have planned for 2020.
Thank you to our communities and the members who have shaped us for the past 70 years.
Let’s bank on each other.
70 Years in the Making
Our purpose is to educate each and every member and give them the right guidance for their unique financial situation. By giving our members the knowledge, resources, and products to meet long-term goals as well as day-to-day needs, our credit union becomes stronger.
Here’s just a few of our milestones:
- 1949 – A+FCU was founded as Austin Teachers Federal Credit Union in May of 1949 by 50 Austin Independent School District teachers during a meeting at Zilker Park.
- 1966 – In 1965, it was determined that more space was needed to serve the members. After almost a year of fighting zoning restrictions, a five-room house was remodeled. In April 1966, with two employees, the credit union moved into its first “credit union owned” building on Guadalupe.
- 1972 – On September 13, 1972, the board voted a charter amendment to include the employees of the Education Service Center, Region XIII, and employees of the public school systems in Del Valle, Manor, Eanes, Round Rock, Leander, Liberty Hill, and Florence Independent School District and to change the name of the credit union to Austin Area Teachers FCU.
- 1995 – In April, we opened our Main Office which included back office space and a full-service branch.
- 1998 – In October, A+FCU launched the Green Apple Program. Since then, we’ve partnered with elementary schools across the Central Texas area to offer our Green Apple Savings Program to kids. Through the program, students are able to make deposits to their accounts at their schools on Deposit Days.
- 2004 – In November, we changed our name to A+ Federal Credit Union.
- 2013 – A+FCU reaches $1 billion in assets.
- 2019 – Celebrated 70 years in Central Texas.
We celebrated our members with random drawings throughout 2019.
Three members were randomly selected in weekly drawings throughout 2019 to win a loan payment up to $500.
Members were reimbursed for the payment with a deposit to their Membership Savings. Every loan with A+FCU was one entry and we picked the highest loan payment amount to reimburse.
A+FCU Youth Members were randomly selected in a weekly drawing to win $50 deposited to their Membership Savings.
|Week 43 (December 1 – December 7)||Evan R.
|Week 42 (November 24 – November 30)||Cheryl L.
|Week 41 (November 17 – November 23)||Brandon S.
|Week 40 (November 10 – November 16)||Danny H.
|Week 39 (November 3 – November 9)||Sylvia S.
|Week 38 (October 27 – November 2)||Brittany S.
|Week 37 (October 20 – October 26)||Sherry W.
|Week 36 (October 13 – October 19)||Richard P.
|Week 35 (October 6 – October 12)||Manuel D.
|Week 34 (September 29 – October 5)||Troy L.
|Week 33 (September 22 – September 28)||Jillian W.
|Week 32 (September 15 – September 21)||Christine R.
|Week 31 (September 8 – September 14)||Florence J.
|Week 30 (September 1 – September 7)||Lisa B.
|Week 29 (August 25 – August 31)||Belinda F.
|Week 28 (August 18 – August 24)||Tandy H.
|Week 27 (August 11 – August 17)||Tracy S.
|Week 26 (August 4 – August 10)||Walter S.
|Week 25 (July 28 – August 3)||Sylvia R.
|Week 24 (July 21- July 27)||Maud R.
|Week 23 (July 14 – July 20)||Justin B.
|Week 22 (July 7 – July 13)||Ronald F.
|Week 21 (June 30 – July 6)||Darren B.
|Week 20 (June 23 – June 29)||Matthew R.
|Week 19 (June 16 – June 22)||Phillip A.
|Week 18 (June 9 – June 15)||Arturo G.
|Week 17 (June 2 – June 8)||Jeffrey P.
|Week 16 (May 26 – June 1)||Robin B.
|Week 15 (May 19- May 25)||Adrianna S.
|Week 14 (May 12- May 18)||Mario P.
|Week 13 (May 5 – May 11)||Ramiro T.
|Week 12 (April 28 – May 4)||Diana H.
|Week 11 (April 21 – April 27):||Alan G.
|Week 10 (April 14 – April 20):||Tyler R.
|Week 9 (April 7 – April 13):||Alicia C.
|Week 8 (March 31 – April 6):||Thomas R.
|Week 7 (March 24 – March 30):||Mikita S.
|Week 6 (March 17 – March 23):||Hilary H.
|Week 5 (March 10 – March 16):||Edward P.
|Week 4 (March 3 – March 9):||Laura E.
|Week 3 (February 24-March 2):||Claudeen D.
|Week 2 (February 17-23):||Felicia R.
|Week 1 (February 10 – 16):||Brock C.
I Am A+
We launched a new video series in 2019 called I Am A+ in honor of our anniversary. We featured employee interviews about what it means to be a part of our culture, details about what they do, and why they love the organization.